The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) is designed for anyone wishing to teach/train/instruct adult learners in a subject that they are qualified In.
Qualification overview and objective
The Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching, unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
- Individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
- The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace and prepare learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level. The qualification is supported by the Education and Training Foundation.
The course runs over four consecutive days 9-4pm, theory delivered in the mornings of days one to three with assignments in the afternoon. Day four will be teaching practice to delegates along with the summative assessment.
For student information, the course includes a 30 minute training session which will be delivered by you on the last day. Your training session doesn’t need to be hair and beauty specific but if you wish to bring along any resources to help you, please do, for example Laptops, manikin heads, and tools.
The modules to the course are as follows:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
Please note, accommodation is not provided during the length of the course. However, I can provide a list of hotels nearby.
Fee: £505 + VAT per person
This price includes all course materials and certification.
A one to one consultation with career advice on what to do after the course.
Information on governing bodies to submit your course to and any other extra information you need to know.
The support doesn’t end there, as we will support you moving forward with a small extra cost.
Our consultancy service will give you the tools to help you with branding and content to formulate your own personal training manuals or we can do it all for you and take the pressure of the planning with the correct expected guidelines.